- All FREE events coming up
- Cut your own Christmas tree! Here's where to go with your family!
- Master Guide to Holiday Events in the Hudson Valley
- Ice Skating in the Hudson Valley
- Family-friendly skiing within driving distance
- Holiday Gift Guide 2014
- Upcoming concerts & performances
- Indoor Play Centers
YOUR ONLINE RESOURCE FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES
Things to Do
- Sign up for our FREE weekly e-newsletter!
- Check out our latest Thursday e-newsletter!
- How to use KidsOutAndabout.com
- Master List of After School/Saturday Classes
- Professional sports
- Martial Arts
- Private Schools
- Special Needs
- Upcoming Festivals
- Upcoming Performances
- Upcoming Open Houses
- Southeast / Florida
- Midwest & Texas
- Mountain states
- West Coast / Nevada
Apple Picking in the Hudson Valley
Pick your own apples in and around the Hudson Valley!
One great way to get your kids to eat more fruit -- and introduce them to the subtleties of sweet/tangy tastes -- is by taking them apple picking to a local orchard. Below are places to go and things to do for a great day of fall family fun in the orchard.
Types of Apples
Curious about the wide varieties of apples and what they're used for and taste like? Check out this neat page from New York Apple Country that provides photos and information. And, just to make you feel even better about taking your family out for a day picking apples, here is an article on the health benefits of a trip to the apple orchard. If you know of a U-pick apple location that we have not included, please email me!
One last thing: If a grower does not have a web site listing hours, PLEASE call first to make sure they are open! (This is experience talking!)
Pick-Your-Own Apple Farms
There are a bunch of other orchards in our area where you can pick apples! See our list below. If there is an apple farm that we have missed, please email us to let us know, and we'll add it promptly. Thank you!