Dog Days at Old Sturbridge Village
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately. If you have a question about the activity itself, please contact the organization administrator listed below.
Dog Days Policies:
In order to be eligible to participate in Dog Days at Old Sturbridge Village, the following policy will be enforced:
- Owner of the dog must be a current member of Old Sturbridge Village. “Guest” dogs, those not belonging to the primary holder(s) of the Old Sturbridge Village membership, are not eligible for entrance. Entrance to the Village is extended to dogs only, no other animals.
- Owner/member must show valid paper dog license as well as proof of rabies vaccination via the form below.
- Dogs are to be kept on a leash and under control at all times while on Old Sturbridge Village property.
- Members are responsible for their dog’s behavior while on the property. Please be respectful of interpreters and other visitors who may not want to interact with dogs.
- Dogs are to be accompanied by owner/member at all times. Dogs may not be tied and left unaccompanied by anyone under the age of 16.
- Dogs are not allowed inside of any exhibit building, food service building, gift shop or in the Playground area.
- For the safety of other visitors as well as other animals, please keep dogs away from livestock including cattle, pigs, sheep, chickens, turkeys as well as horses that are pulling the carryall and stagecoach.
- For the health and safety of our horse teams please do not allow your dogs to use the stone water troughs. These troughs provide drinking water for our horses.
- Please note that if your dog is easily startled, we do typically have a musket firing demonstration at some point during the day. Check the daily schedule for time and location.
- A plastic bag will be issued to every owner/member upon arrival at the Visitor Center to clean up after their dog while on Old Sturbridge Village property.
- Any violation of this policy will be reported to Old Sturbridge Village Security who may ask the owner/member to leave with their dog. The member’s rights to Dog Days may be revoked.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.