The Mission of the Stony Kill Foundation, Inc. is to develop environmental, educational and historical interpretive and outdoor recreation programs and events; provide paid and volunteer staffing; secure financial assistance; obtain community and government support; and maintain compliance with Stony Kill Farm’s deeded agricultural commitments.
Examples of what the Foundation does:
- Leases community garden plots
- Financially supports environmental, educational, and historical programs, events and the livestock.
- Maintains a greenhouse
- Sells bird seed bi-annually
- Maintains the Verplanck Memorial Perennial Garden
- Maintains over 8 miles of woodland hiking trails
- Finances efforts to restore the 1700’s Verplanck Tenant Farm House
- offers workshops for adults and children
- hosts seasonal events each year including The Spring Plant Sale, Butterflies and Blooms, and Harvest Fest